[Catalyst] Changes to the behavior of $c->namespace in 5.7013

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 00:04:38 BST 2008

Hey,

We are seeing a change to the behavior of $c->namespace in the latest Catalyst release.  Previously, this method would return a value similar to $c->controller->action_namespace, but now it seems to return the namespace of whatever the last controller that handled the request was.

I am guessing the change comes from:

 sub dispatch {    # Execute ourselves against a context
     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
-    local $c->namespace = $self->namespace;
+    local $c->{namespace} = $self->namespace;
     return $c->execute( $self->class, $self );
 }

Where we are no long localizing $c->namespace.

I'd just like to clarify this is the behavior we want and see if we can cook up a test for it.  Is this giving anyone else trouble?

Sincerely,
John Napiorkowski