[Catalyst] Catalyst using fast CGI

gordon at gorste.plus.com gordon at gorste.plus.com
Thu May 22 20:27:51 BST 2008

Dear List

I am trying to get Catalyst working through apache by using fastcgi.  I am
having difficulty in achieving this.  This problem is that I seam to be
getting apache error code 13.  My config for my website is:

<VirtualHost *:80>
      ServerName www.dnsemail.co.uk
	DocumentRoot /var/www/dnsemail
	ErrorLog logs/www.dnsemail.co.uk.error_log
    	TransferLog logs/www.dnsemail.co.uk.access_log

        # Allow CGI script to run
        <Directory /var/www/dnsemail/script>
            Options +ExecCGI
        </Directory>

        # Tell Apache this is a FastCGI application
	 Alias / /var/www/dnsemail/script/dnsemail_fastcgi.pl/

        <Files dnsemail_fastcgi.pl>
            SetHandler fastcgi-script
        </Files>

	<Location />
        	Options ExecCGI
        	Order allow,deny
        	Allow from all
        	AddHandler fcgid-script .pl
	</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I am running it on Fedora Core 6 with Apache 2.  Can someone point me in
the right direction in getting Catalyst framework running under Apache 2.

Regards

Gordon