[Catalyst] Catalyst using fast CGI

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu May 22 21:29:06 BST 2008

* On Thu, May 22 2008, gordon at gorste.plus.com wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I am trying to get Catalyst working through apache by using fastcgi.  I am
> having difficulty in achieving this.  This problem is that I seam to be
> getting apache error code 13.  My config for my website is:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>       ServerName www.dnsemail.co.uk
> 	DocumentRoot /var/www/dnsemail
> 	ErrorLog logs/www.dnsemail.co.uk.error_log
>     	TransferLog logs/www.dnsemail.co.uk.access_log
>

>         # Allow CGI script to run
>         <Directory /var/www/dnsemail/script>
>             Options +ExecCGI
>         </Directory>
>
>         # Tell Apache this is a FastCGI application
> 	 Alias / /var/www/dnsemail/script/dnsemail_fastcgi.pl/
>
>         <Files dnsemail_fastcgi.pl>
>             SetHandler fastcgi-script
>         </Files>
>
> 	<Location />
>         	Options ExecCGI
>         	Order allow,deny
>         	Allow from all
>         	AddHandler fcgid-script .pl
> 	</Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I am running it on Fedora Core 6 with Apache 2.  Can someone point me in
> the right direction in getting Catalyst framework running under Apache 2.

I don't use mod_fcgid (I do use mod_fastcgi), but it seems odd to not
have a directive like "FastCgiServer" somewhere.  I guess the AddHandler
could be doing that, but since it's not working, probably not.

http://www.fastcgi.com/mod_fastcgi/docs/mod_fastcgi.html#FastCgiServer

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway