[Catalyst] TT output to a new browser window or tab

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sat May 24 21:04:18 BST 2008

* On Sat, May 24 2008, Chris Devine wrote:
> Yes, it is html for now, other formats later as options based on the html.
>
> What in need to know is how can I "fork" from within Catalyst to do this. I
> have a form collect some options. The user hits submit. This window shows a
> result (Ok, Error), and a go home button. The report is created and opened
> into another window.

This would be a JavaScript thing.  Compute the report, cache it
somewhere, and return the "it worked" page.  That page should do
window.open() to some action that returns the cached report.

However, I'm not sure that you can do this in the day and age of popup
blockers. YMMV.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway