[Catalyst] How to build a catalyst system based on plug in ?

Solli Honorio shonorio at gmail.com
Tue May 27 03:42:21 BST 2008

Hi John, thanks for your attention and my apologize for the first email.
Re-reading I could see now that the email was looking like a newbie asking
for 'to do my homework', and definitively this was not my intention. My
apologize.

Maybe the right question would be 'if someone known/had a catalyst system
extensible by plug ins' that I could study to check how they solve a fill
problem that I'm looking for to be solved.

I know how plugins works, the deferents technique to load plugins and share
information, and I had read the 'Writing Pluggable Software', from Tatsuhiko
Miyagawa, and 'Build Easily Extensible Perl Programs', from Ask Bjorn
Hansen. I've test the Module::Pluggable::* and Class::Trigger on a simple
enviroment of concept and test (and know i'm starting looking into
Catalyst::Plugin::Pluggable). But I'd like to try to use the 'pluggable
software' with Catalyst on a way that the user could extend the system
without worry about on the which the DBMS the system are running, or have to
know a lot of catalyst, or a single way to include something on a web
interface.

And finally the idea of this software isn't to be a nagios concurrent or
something like, but a interface to manage the configuration file of the
linux systems. Than I'm talking about to do a config parse and update this
config file on a simple and controled way.

Again, my apologize for the fist email. I had never had the intention on
something like 'do my homework', but just if someone here had knowledge with
plugin on a catalyst system that could share me how this kind of system
could work on a MVC enviroment.

Thanks all

Solli M. Honorio

2008/5/22 John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com>:

> [...]
SMS
> for critical alerts.  Catalyst could be used for a web front end to give =
you
> a sort of global dashboard.
>
> So I think 1) Catalyst can play a role here, but it's not going to be the
> center of your system, 2) you need to looking at some existing opensource
> monitoring tools, 3) come back to us with more detailed, "How do I" sort =
of
> questions. I don't think anyone here is going be able to write your
> technical specification for you!
>
> John

> Searchable archive:

-- =

"o animal satisfeito dorme". - Guimar=E3es Rosa