[Catalyst] how to set a default (index.html) page (Template Toolkit used)

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 03:25:43 GMT 2008

well it's defined in Root.pm, the default() method.  It defaults to
$c->welcome_page (or something close).

Typically you use a template instead of a static HTML page for your default
page, so you'd simply set which template you want (which depending on your
set up is usually located in <project-name>/root/).  default() is used for
404ing i believe, but if you're talking about an *index* page then you'll
want to set your template in the index() method.

HTH,

-Devin

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:06 PM, <kakimoto at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> any ideas>?
>
> Quoting kakimoto at tpg.com.au:
>
> > hi guys
> >  i am fine tuning my application. Like the examples given in the
> > tutes,
> > the default page is to login the user.
> >
> >  How do I load a default page (ie index.html)?  Assume it is stored
> > in
> > <project-name>/root/static.
> >
> > I was looking at Root.pm where the default behaviour of logging in
> > users
> > is defined.
> >

> > Ta
> >
> > K. Akimoto