[Catalyst] Plugin::Authentication vs Authentiaction

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-catalyst at capside.com
Mon Nov 10 14:33:11 GMT 2008

Alex Povolotsky escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Trying to use Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Authen::Simple
> (::RADIUS, but it does not matter), I've found that I've got two
> diAuthentication rectories, one is under Plugin. What's worse, Catalyst
> does not load Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Authen::Simple
> automatically, and fails when I put it into
>
> use Catalyst qw/ .... /
>
> because it searches only Catalust/Plugin

What happens when you run
Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Authen::Simple tests on your
setup? In the tests should be a mini app that authenticates with
C::A::C::Authen::Simple (see the t/lib/AuthTestApp2 and AuthTestApp3).
See the code if you're having problems. Also, in examples dir there is
an example application.

Are you on the latest version of Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication? I
think your problems are because the Authentication plugin components
where moved to a new namespace (without "Plugin" in the middle).

Note: Patches welcome ;)

Jose Luis Martinez
jlmartinez at capside.com