[Catalyst] recommendation

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 17:31:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

Especially for a beginner, but not only, the most simple way of creating the
DBIC classes for a Catalyst app is to use the DBIC::Schema helper.

I've seen that there are many components of DBIx::Class that can't be used
if using this helper, because they should be loaded before Core or they
require changing the part of the class that can't be modified.

Which is the recommended way for creating a complex app that needs using
those components?
After we change something in the structure of some database tables, the
single way of updating the DBIC classes is to make the update manually?
Or it is recommended to avoid using components which are not compatible with
the Catalyst helper?

Thanks.

Octavian