[Catalyst] PDF upload problems (prob OT)?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Nov 27 13:13:44 GMT 2008

On 27 Nov 2008, at 12:51, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> I have added this debug code, and discovered that for this file it
> is always 93333 bytes. Thats what it is in the filesystem before i
> upload it,
> thats what it is when Cat reports it as T0m suggest i do above, and
> thats what it is when Cat outputs it again as described above.
>
> But the output is messed up--still visible but with errors
> throughout, as if someone had written it on a blackboard and erased
> parts and shifted other parts.
>
> so maybe the four byte extra is a different issue? I cant replicate
> it at least for this file. So maybe its a binmode thing after all?
> How do i force it to output as binary?

Ok, next thing to try is to capture the HTTP request and response
being made.

You can then replay that HTTP request to see if it reliably creates
the same problem, and also inspect the contents before it gets to the
browser to check where the corruption is happening.

I'd recommend using Paros (http://www.parosproxy.org/) for this -
it's got nice features to trap requests and alter their contents.

Cheers
t0m