[Catalyst] Catalyst::Controller::SOAP "no operation `index' for portType" error

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:40:48 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a SOAP controller based on WSDL.   Maybe I confused something
but I understood that I need to add

    # this is the endpoint from where the RPC operations will be
    # dispatched. This code won't be executed at all.
    # See Catalyst::Controller::SOAP::RPC.
    sub index :Local SOAP('RPCEndpoint') {}

to the controller (as described in the Synopsis).  And then  the
client will be allowed to call the root address and be despatched to
the right action based on the SOAP message (instead of using different
addresses for each action).

But with this addition compilation fails with the "error: no operation
`index' for portType {urn:calculator}SMSPortType, pick from ...".
Strictly speaking the message is true - there is no 'index' operation
defined in the WSDL - but I thought that this RPCEndpoint action would
be treated differently.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/