[Catalyst] Catalyst install failure due to Mouse.pm on Debian Etch

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Nov 27 23:43:38 GMT 2008

Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm having trouble getting Catalyst to install (via CPAN) on a fresh
> Debian Etch install.
> The problem is the dependency Mouse (0.11) fails its unit tests there.
> (I'd guess due to the older versions of some core packages).
>
> I've raised http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=41254.

.. and after a speedy reaction from the maintainer of Mouse, the problem
has been traced to Test::Exception.
It seems the (as usual, ancient) version shipped with Debian "stable" is
broken in some respect to handling the magic that goes on inside our
four-legged squeaky friend.

Upgrading Test::Exception from 0.21 to 0.27 resulted in Mouse passing
all tests.

Toby

--
Strategic Data Pty Ltd