[Catalyst] OT: Use the CPAN, Luke? (was: Catalyst install failure due to Mouse.pm on Debian Etch)

Lars Balker Rasmussen lars at balker.dk
Fri Nov 28 09:08:03 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 03:55:54AM +0100, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> Case in point, Mouse is essentially Moose Light. Since Catalyst
> itself is becoming Moose-based, is there *any* reason to use
> Mouse instead? I suppose if it automatically stubs itself into
> a Moose loader where Moose is available, that would be not *too*
> bad, but it???s still a pointlessly added dependency.

While Data::Visitor depends on Mouse, it actually uses Squirrel (which
is in the Mouse dist), which will fall back to the Moose already loaded
by Catalyst.  I assume most Mouse-users are smart enough to do this.

And Data::Visitor isn't just for Catalyst-use, so our problem isn't theirs.
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                        Consult::Perl