[Catalyst] mix authentication stores

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Wed Oct 1 03:11:41 BST 2008

Tomas Doran wrote on 9/30/08 8:24 PM:

> Splitting the current LDAP code so that it could be either a store
> and/or credential also wouldn't be hard, and I volunteer to help with
> the effort.

yes, that's a good idea. The current LDAP auth plugin is in the Store namespace
but does both Store and Credential right now.

> I'm personally fine with the LDAP store, but I've thrown a couple of
> patches in that direction to add stuff I need, so doing a bit more
> hacking on it wouldn't push the boat out. I haven't had any response to
> these yet however, so if anyone reading could poke the Store::LDAP
> maintainer and get them to join the thread (and respond to my patches!),
> that'd be awesome...

that'd be me. I've seen the tickets; haven't yet read the patches, but in
general the feature ideas look sane. If someone else has time to look at the
patches, I likely won't get to it for a few more days.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com