[Catalyst] FASTCGI - configuring timeout

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:03:27 BST 2008

Hi,

I am stretching the boundaries of the topic here I know but I thought
someone might know this off the top of their head. I am getting
timeout's. I am 99% sure this is because the Cat App is copying a
500MB file on it filesystem.

 FastCGI: comm with server "/var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl"
aborted: idle timeout (30 sec)
 FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server
"/var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl"

I can't find any way to configure fastcgi.pl to increase the timeout
via the _fastcgi.pl and changes to the httpd.conf seem to make no
difference (at least the error always report a 30sec timeout).

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?
Dp.