[Catalyst] FASTCGI - configuring timeout

Christian Lackas christian at lackas.net
Thu Oct 2 15:26:40 BST 2008

* Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com> [081002 16:05]:

Hi Dermot,

>  FastCGI: comm with server "/var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl"
> aborted: idle timeout (30 sec)
>  FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server
> "/var/www/MyApp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl"

if you consult the mod_fastcgi docs you will find this:

    http://www.fastcgi.com/mod_fastcgi/docs/mod_fastcgi.html#FastCgiServer
     -idle-timeout n (30 seconds)
         The number of seconds of FastCGI application inactivity allowed
         before the request is aborted and the event is logged (at the
         error LogLevel). The inactivity timer applies only as long as a
         connection is pending with the FastCGI application. If a
         request is queued to an application, but the application
         doesn't respond (by writing and flushing) within this period,
         the request will be aborted. If communication is complete with
         the application but incomplete with the client (the response is
         buffered), the timeout does not apply.

> I can't find any way to configure fastcgi.pl to increase the timeout
> via the _fastcgi.pl and changes to the httpd.conf seem to make no
> difference (at least the error always report a 30sec timeout).

What changes to the httpd.conf did you do?
Something like this (and restarting the server) should do the job:

    FastCgiServer /path/to/script/ipacs_fastcgi.pl -processes 3 -idle-timeout 60

Christian

--
http://www.lackas.net/
http://www.inviCRO.com/