[Catalyst] Simplified auth configuration - input requested

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 03:23:44 BST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:55:29AM -0600, Jason Kuri wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  Some folks have mentioned recently that the
>  Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication system while being quite flexible is
>  somewhat difficult to understand / set up initially.

Have a look at Catalyst::Helper::AuthDBIC on CPAN and in the catalyst
repo.  I'dlike bug reportson this module as well as I know there are
bugs.  Basically it takes an existing catalyst application and bolts
basic (encrypted password field) authentication onto it with an sqlite
database and dbic.  Once that's done, it's pretty easy to manipulate
the DBIC schema and config to make it do what you want.