[Catalyst] Intermittent blank pages

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Sep 3 10:29:33 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 05:44:31PM +0200, Tobias Kremer wrote:
> Quoting Wade.Stuart at fallon.com:
> > Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote on 08/28/2008 09:02:24 AM:
> > > No, we're using lighttpd and nothing changed on that front during the
> > last two
> > > days :(
> > Are they delivered instantly or after a long pause?
>
> Instantly.
>
> I just noticed that shortly after a series of those errors appear in the error
> log, the process gets killed off (and restarted) by daemontools' softlimit due
> to memory constraints.

You might want to load Catalyst::Plugin::AutoRestart as well so the processes
restart themselves gracefully at the end of a request before it hits the
softlimit.

I notice downthread you've solved the underlying problem, but adding
AutoRestart into your setup would mean that if something similar goes wrong
again you'll avoid the firing blanks problem.