[Catalyst] Intermittent blank pages

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Wed Sep 3 10:57:27 BST 2008

Quoting Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk>:
> You might want to load Catalyst::Plugin::AutoRestart as well so the processes
> restart themselves gracefully at the end of a request before it hits the
> softlimit.

Awesome! Didn't know this plugin existed! I'll give it a try.

> I notice downthread you've solved the underlying problem, but adding
> AutoRestart into your setup would mean that if something similar goes wrong
> again you'll avoid the firing blanks problem.

Yes, the memory leak in Rose::HTML::Form caused the application to grow _very_
rapidly in size leading to many process restarts in the middle of a request. I
suppose the blank page still shows up from time to time, but much less often.
The plugin you mentioned should solve this once and for all though.

--Tobias