[Catalyst] Switching to a production server

mikhail maluyk mikhail.maluyk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 23:47:22 BST 2008

Hi Emily,

For fast image serving you could use reverse proxy. For configuring
nginx as reverse proxy, follow that link
http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/05/18/nginx-as-reverse-proxy/lang/en/

I'm not sure if the catalyst myapp_server.pl is more than a
development server. I suggest you switch to apache with nginx or
lighthttpd as a reverse proxy server.

2008/9/10 Emily Heureux <emily at burnham.org>:
> Hi, I have been developing a Catalyst application and just using the
> Catalyst myapp_server.pl script to run it.  We server a very small market,
> currently less than 100 visits a day.  The major issue we are having is that
> even small images are loaded very slowly, and therefore the pages are loaded
> slowly, on the order of more than 5 seconds for a first time visitor.
>

> At this time, I don't know anything about fast_cgi or configuring apache or
> what have you, to work with Catalyst, but before I take that on, my question
> is, is it likely that the slow loading of very small images has to do with
> the default myapp_server.pl, and switching to something else will make a big
> difference with loading images and possibly other files?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Emily

Regards,
Mikhail