[Catalyst] Switching to a production server

Emily Heureux emily at burnham.org
Tue Sep 9 23:19:49 BST 2008

Hi, I have been developing a Catalyst application and just using the
Catalyst myapp_server.pl script to run it.  We server a very small market,
currently less than 100 visits a day.  The major issue we are having is that
even small images are loaded very slowly, and therefore the pages are loaded
slowly, on the order of more than 5 seconds for a first time visitor.

At this time, I don't know anything about fast_cgi or configuring apache or
what have you, to work with Catalyst, but before I take that on, my question
is, is it likely that the slow loading of very small images has to do with
the default myapp_server.pl, and switching to something else will make a big
difference with loading images and possibly other files?

Thanks,

Emily