[Catalyst] FastCGI Deployment problem - can't find templates

Greg Coates gcoates at csuchico.edu
Tue Sep 23 00:28:02 BST 2008

I've written my first Catalyst app.  Up until this point, I've been
using the Catalyst development server, but now I'm working on deploying
the application on my webserver using apache and FastCGI.

The problem is, now that I have the app deployed, Catalyst can't seem to
find my template files.  These templates were found with no problem in
the development environment.  Here's the error I'm getting:
[error] Couldn't render template "file error - comments/report.tt: not
found"

And here's my apache configuration:
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
FastCgiExternalServer /opt/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl -host 127.0.0.1:3001
<VirtualHost 64.22.79.211:80>
     ServerName blog-admin.myserver.com
     Alias /static /opt/myapp/root/static
     Alias / /opt/myapp/myapp_fastcgi.pl/
</VirtualHost>

(I have the template files in the /opt/myapp/root/static/templates
directory.)

And the command I used to start the FastCGI server:
./myapp_fastcgi.pl -e -l 127.0.0.1:3001 -p /tmp/myapp.pid

I'm stumped.  Does anyone see a problem with my configuration or
otherwise that might be keeping Catalyst from seeing my template files?

Thanks,
Greg Coates