[Catalyst] Search example in any docs?

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 20:38:59 BST 2008

Hi.

Im working on a new app which is working well. While doing it though i realised that i never get my serach done right. I mean, it works, but
i end up spending a lot of code munging parameters, making adjustments,
and so forth, and this cant be right. What should be a few lines takes a page or two of code, just for a simple one or two table search.

I tried looking through the docs for a best-practices approach and unless i missed something there arent ANY examples of search in the docs, the tutorial, the wiki, the Advent.... (Oh in one place there was something about harder searches, fulltext in PostGres, but nothing general.)

Is there any place that shows a simple example of a web form -> DBIC search in Catalyst? And if not, shouldnt there be?

Thanks!

Jen