[Catalyst] Search example in any docs?

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Tue Sep 23 20:53:03 BST 2008

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote on 09/23/2008 02:38 PM:

> Is there any place that shows a simple example of a web form -> DBIC
> search in Catalyst? And if not, shouldnt there be?

The problem is that db search quickly becomes complicated when you're
dealing with multiple tables, relationships, column types, etc.

See Search::QueryParser::SQL on CPAN for my attempt at this. There is a
dbic() method too.

CatalystX::CRUD::Model::Utils depends on S::QP::S to turn
$c->req->params into a query, if you want to look at one example.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/