[Catalyst] FastCGI Deployment problem - can't find templates

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Sep 23 23:46:53 BST 2008

On 23 Sep 2008, at 23:24, Coates, Greg wrote:

> Okay.  I've done this.
>
> I did some more checking, and I realize that I'm not sure where the
> static files and templates should be installed on a production
> server.  It doesn't look like they get picked up in the make process.

They should. If they aren't for any reason then you're doing
something which breaks things ;(

> I currently have them in the /opt/myserver directory.  My
> application perl module files are in the standard site_perl location.
>
> Where should the templates, etc go?

The template 'root' directory generally goes under the main directory
of your application, so if you're MyApp, then it'll be MyApp/root

Exactly where this is depends on your perl, but if you're installing
locally, I'd expect the templates to end up somewhere similar to /usr/
local/share/perl/5.8.8/MyApp/root/

Cheers
t0m