[Catalyst] C::P::Compress::Gzip

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 17:01:00 BST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:46:25AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I try to use C::P::Compress::Gzip, but if I add it to the list of plugins,
> the program gives an error in the browser telling "The requested URL / was
> not found on this server."

It's probably easier to just configure Apache to do the compression for you.
That way the static content not processed by Catalyst will also be
compressed.

I just stick "SetOutputFilter DEFLATE" inside the <VirtualHost ...>. In
theory, you ought to also put it inside a <FileMatch ...> to exclude
already-compressed files, but I don't bother.