[Catalyst] C::P::Compress::Gzip

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:46:25 BST 2008

Hi,

I try to use C::P::Compress::Gzip, but if I add it to the list of plugins,
the program gives an error in the browser telling
"The requested URL / was not found on this server."

And in the error_log I can see the following error:
[Sat Sep 20 11:13:43 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Attempt to serve
directory: E:/web/Acces/root/

If I remove C::P::Compress::Gzip from the list of plugins, the program works
fine.

Here are the plugins I use in the app:

use Catalyst qw/
-Debug
ConfigLoader
Static::Simple
Session
Session::State::Cookie
Session::Store::File
Authentication
Authorization::Roles
Email
Compress::Gzip
                /;

In the Root.pm controller I have an empty "index" method that serves the
root/index template.

sub index :Path :Args(0) {
    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
}

I have also tried to add in this method:
$c->stash->{template} = "index";

but it gives the same error. Strangely, but if I add:
$c->res->body($c->welcome_message);

the welcome message is printed fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.