[Catalyst] Re: Including a submenu

Kieren Diment kieren at diment.org
Tue Apr 7 11:20:26 GMT 2009

On 07/04/2009, at 9:09 PM, Matthew Topper wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:48:46 -0400
> "Lance A. Brown" <lance at bearcircle.net> wrote:
>

>> Matthew Topper said the following on 4/6/2009 7:48 PM:
>>> Thanks, but see my latest email from this afternoon.  The issue has
>>> been resolved.
>>
>> Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a solution for your problem come
>> across the list...
>>
>> --[Lance]
>>

> Maybe the email was lost somewhere as I sent it out last afternoon.
> Anyway, for anyone that cares the problem was simply that I didn't
> restart apache after modifying some of my controllers.  So, it used
> the
> new templates but not the controllers since they run directly under
> the
> webserver.

Argh.  That begs the question as to why you are doing development
under apache, and not just using the built in test server for the
purpose that it's intended.

If the answer is that the dev server is single request and you've got
lots of ajax, use the HTTP::Prefork engine:

$ cpan Catalyst:Engine::HTTP::Prefork
$ CATALYST_ENGINE=HTTP::Preform script/myapp_server.pl

I can't think of a good reason to use apache for development.  Sanity
checking immediately before deployment, yes, but  actual
development ... it's really better not to unless there's a very very
good reason (and "my manager requires that we smear ourselves in the
blood of chickens fed exclusively on virgin slugs when we come into
work every day" isn't a very good reason).