[Catalyst] PayPal (and others) integration

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:21:50 GMT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Edmund von der Burg
<evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I feel as if I must be missing something...
>
> Is there any pre-canned code that I can use to integrate my Catalyst
> App with PayPal / Google Checkout etc? It would seem that a controller
> that captures the backend notification from the payment provider and
> then calls an app specific method with the results would be generic
> enough to use across apps.
>
> Am I really going to have to write this myself and stick it on CPAN?
>
> Cheers,
>  Edmund.
>
> --
> evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk - http://ecclestoad.co.uk
> Help Perl newbies: http://www.send-a-newbie.com/

> Searchable archive:

Your mistake is thinking this is a controller, when in fact it is a model
class and has absolutely no relation to Catalyst :)

What you want is a set of simple model classes (nothing more than
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor, it's on CPAN) that wraps your
(Google::Checkout|Business::PayPal) models.

Your controller should simply delegate to the model based on user input, and
nothing more.

Remember: cgi-lib.pl was glue for web 1.0, Catalyst is glue for web *.0.

-J

-- =

J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...
http://www.toeat.com