[Catalyst] Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::Prefork not used?

Neo [GC] neo at gothic-chat.de
Tue Apr 14 11:25:47 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've read about the prefork-engine for the test-server in another
thread, which could be very useful for me (our outsourced codemonkeys
sometimes produce VERY SLOW controllers and together with multiple
ajax-request, this means waiting ;)).

About usage I found only this:

$ cpan Catalyst:Engine::HTTP::Prefork
$ CATALYST_ENGINE='HTTP::Prefork' script/myapp_server.pl

Amazingly, this doesn't change anything at all with my app, after starting there are still only two processes (some kind of supervisor I think and the real server process) and the requests are served one-by-one. Even more confusing, if I set CATALYST_ENGINE to 'Whatever', I get no error message or something.

Is there required more to use it, besides installing the module from CPAN?

Thanks and regards,
Neo [GC]