[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie and HttpOnly flag

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Apr 18 12:51:44 GMT 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 10:37, Scott Thomson wrote:
> CGI::Simple::Cookie 1.109 (soon to hit the mirrors) now contains
> support for HttpOnly.

You sir, are a bloody legend, good work :)

> My question now is about the tests for the
> Catalyst components, I've had a dig through them and I can't see where
> I would add update them.
>
> In Catalyst the only appropriate existing test file is
> t/live_engine_request_cookies.t which tests the content (the key
> values) of the cookies but not any of the other config, 'path',
> 'secure' etc.
>
> In C::P::Session::State::Cookie the tests are only concerned with the
> correct save/restore of the session data, again nothing about the
> config.
>
> Is the assumption that CGI::Simple::Cookie manages that side of things
> so we don't need to test it in any consumers? or are there missing
> tests? I'm not trying to get out of supplying tests btw :)

I'd go with missing tests.

If you're happy to supply tests for your changes, and if you don't
mind backfilling a couple of other trivial tests, then that'd be an
amazing start!

Please feel free to turn up on irc and get a commit bit if you
haven't already :)

Cheers
t0m