[Catalyst] Using JSON

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Wed Apr 15 06:57:49 GMT 2009

Octavian Râşniţă wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the recommended module for getting a JSON request and creating a
> JSON response in a Catalyst app?
> (I want to use them with JQuery.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Octavian

Hi Octavian,

For my part, I use Catalyst::Controller::REST and jQuery. I don't
even use Catalyst::View::JSON to send Json data, as everything (for
what I need) is done by Controller::REST. I force REST to use json
from my config file like :

Controller::REST:
        stash_key: rest
        default: 'application/json'

Right now I only use REST to delete some entry in my db. For that I
created a Javascript function (using jQuery) that use  type 'DELETE'
as method.

Here is an example of my tt2 file :

Here the JS function called:

function remove(url){

   jQuery.ajax(
      {
            type: "DELETE",
            dataType: "json",
            url: url,
            success: function(data)
         {

}

And I implemented the corresponding method to
delete/update/create/insert in my Controller::REST

It works like a charm for me.

Hope this will help

Regards

--