[Catalyst] Tutorial for cache?

Alexander Tamm alex at frantic.com
Thu Apr 16 06:32:12 GMT 2009

Tomas Doran wrote:

> Take a look at Catalyst::Plugin::Cache. The docs are a bit crap (patches
> welcome!), but it'll do what you want, and has nice features to give you
> curried accessors for things etc..

Well, that's just it... I've read the docs and tried to configure it,
but I never get a cache hit.

I've tried this:

in MyApp.pm:
__PACKAGE__->config(
                     # other stuff.
                     'Plugin::Cache' => {
                               'backend' => {
                                        store => 'FastMmap',
                               },
                      },
                 );
...but the return value of $c->cache->get->($key) is always undef,
although I make sure to always $c->cache->set( $key, $value)

So I'm pretty sure I've missed something.

Alex

--
Alexander Tamm
Developer