[Catalyst] Keep getting checksum mismatch problems each time I regenerate my schema files

John Romkey romkey at apocalypse.org
Thu Apr 16 11:31:53 GMT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 12:41 AM, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
>   I keep getting a checksum mismatch problems each time I regenerate
> my
> schema files.
>
> What's the most common fault and solution? I really don't know why..

Look in the schema file. You see this line?

# DO NOT MODIFY THIS OR ANYTHING ABOVE! md5sum: XXXXXXXX

it means that you modified that line or something above it...

> I do check my files into GIT after generating them each time. Could
> this
> be the cause? Anyone with the same issue?

If you didn't change anything above that line then...

I don't use git, but I did a quick check and there are problems with
git and newlines under Windows. You're using Windows, right? Perhaps
git is rewriting the newline characters between Unix and Windows
formats. I'm pretty sure that the md5sum takes into account the
newlines as well as the text. You would need to make git leave the
newlines alone (the opposite of what the web page I'm linking to below
says):

http://github.com/guides/dealing-with-newlines-in-git

If it's not git, perhaps there's some other utility you're using to
transfer files that's changing the newlines.

	- john romkey
	http://www.romkey.com/