[Catalyst] PAR file - can't build it . Prolly documentation is out of date?

James R. Leu jleu at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 16 14:41:29 GMT 2009

Hello Tomas and kakimoto,

Please see my response inline..

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 08:46:15AM +0100, Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 16 Apr 2009, at 06:57, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>  I refered to http://catalyst.infogami.com/cookbook/par. I can't seem
>> find the line,
>> "catalyst_files();".
>
> I don't know what you're talking about - as that phrase isn't mentioned
> anywhere in that document.
>
>>   How do you guys get your PAR files made?
>
> We don't. PAR isn't a recommended deployment method these days.

Tomas,

I must have missed the memo about PAR not being recommend.  Is there
a discussion thread I can read about it?

kakimoto,

Here is a sample of my Makefile.PL

requires 'FCGI';
requires 'Email::Valid';
requires 'YAML';
requires 'Data::Dumper';
requires 'FCGI::ProcManager';
requires 'DateTime::Format::MySQL';

catalyst_ignore('README.*', 'redhat', 'make-rpm');
catalyst_par_classes(
    'FCGI',
    'Email::Valid',
    'YAML',