[Catalyst] PAR file - can't build it . Prolly documentation is out of date?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Apr 16 07:46:15 GMT 2009

On 16 Apr 2009, at 06:57, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:

> Hi there,
>  I refered to http://catalyst.infogami.com/cookbook/par. I can't
> seem to
> find the line,
> "catalyst_files();".

I don't know what you're talking about - as that phrase isn't
mentioned anywhere in that document.

>   How do you guys get your PAR files made?

We don't. PAR isn't a recommended deployment method these days.

> I assume that par files will get the new server which I want to
> install
> my application to launch CPAN shell to install the extra modules it
> needs?

No. This idea of a PAR file is that it contains all the dependencies
already.

The recommended solution is to build a local::lib with all your
dependencies in, and keep this in revision control / ship it with the
rest of your application.

Cheers
t0m