[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Re: Catalyst Runtime 5.80001 - MooseX::MethodAttributes::Inheritable 0.06

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Apr 19 22:18:36 GMT 2009

Octavian Râsnita wrote:
> Congratulations to all for this much awaited version!

Thank you very much.

> I want to report something that might be a packaging bug, or maybe you
> can tell me what could be the problem...
>
> This version requires MooseX-MethodAttributes-0.05.tar.gz and I couldn't
> install this module under Windows using CPAN.

<snip>

Hmm. If I remember correctly, I built that distribution on my new mac
mini, but I may not have done. Can I build a couple of demo dists on my
machines and send them to you off list so we can work out what in my
setup might be causing issues for you?

> Catalyst-Runtime installed fine under Windows XP.

Great stuff!

I've just built an updated distribution of MX::MethodAttributes (0.06)
on a different system and shipped it to CPAN.

This release also contains a bug fix which could be relevant to some
applications.

With 0.05, the following code would fail to correctly register any
actions in your package:

package MyApp::Controller::Foo;
use base qw/Catalyst::Controller/;
use Moose;

however the recommended:

package MyApp::Controller::Foo;
use Moose;
BEGIN { extends 'Catalyst::Controller' }

was unaffected, as were classes which did not use Moose.

This issue has been corrected for any users with applications using
Moose with the previous pattern.

Cheers
t0m