[Catalyst] Problem with reloading in fresh project (5.80001)

Oleg Kostyuk cub.uanic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:53:25 GMT 2009

Hello, all.

I found problem after upgrading to 5.80001.
Here is steps to reproduce it:
- create new application, for example "catalyst.pl Test"
- run dev server in one terminal, "./script/test_server.pl -r"
- in other terminal make "touch test.conf" in application directory,
  and server will restart without problems
- in other terminal try "touch ./lib/Test.pm", and you will see following error:

File "/tmp/tt/Test/lib/Test.pm" modified, not restarting
Inconsistent hierarchy during C3 merge of class 'Test': merging failed
on parent 'Catalyst' at /usr/share/perl/5.10/mro.pm line 26.

Really, I not write any new code, but server can't restart. I'm sure
that this is not expected behaviour. Is this known bug?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with C3 and/or MRO, so can't create
patch for this - hope someone else can do.

--
Sincerely yours,
Oleg Kostyuk (CUB-UANIC)