[Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 17:19:50 GMT 2009

--- On Thu, 4/23/09, Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net> wrote:

> From: Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net>
> Subject: Re: [Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage
> To: catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk
> Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 11:56 AM
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 08:46:29AM
> -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> > And in particular my first swing at something we can
> use as a press release
> > and send to all the usual suspect (Slashdot, Digg,
> etc):
> > http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease
>
> Most of your paragraphs are tl;dr, which isn't helped by
> the fact that there's
> basically no links or any other kind of differentiation
> between different parts
> of the text.

I'm not sure what you mean by tl;dr but the formatting is currently crap.  Right now I'm leaving it text to make it easier to submit to text based systems like Slashdot, etc.  I guess we should have a nicely formatted version and a reasonable looking text version.  Volunteers that know what nice looking means are welcome to give it a go.

Same for the links, not all submission engines allow html.

Please feel free to copy and change as you think.

> Moose Object Development Environment: huh? does anyone call
> it that anywhere?

We really need something, since "Moose" alone mean nothing to most of the world.  Willing to hear suggestions.  I'll bring it to the Moose channels as well.

I realize marketing and branding means fuck all to most of you, but this is really a serious issue.  Perl, Catalyst and Moose don't get 1% of the respect and discussion it deserves.  Anti Perl sentiment is beginning to reach a tipping point after which we are going to be looking up from a deep dark hole.  Any help or useful suggestions should be on the table ASAP.  We just finished a years worth of effort here, let's find a good way to make it count.

John