[Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage

Hans Dieter Pearcey hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net
Thu Apr 23 17:34:46 GMT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:19:50AM -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by tl;dr

"too long, didn't read".  Big blocks of text.  You could probably split each of
those paragraphs up so that people's eyes don't get lost in the middle.

> > Moose Object Development Environment: huh? does anyone call
> > it that anywhere?
>
> We really need something, since "Moose" alone mean nothing to most of the
> world.  Willing to hear suggestions.  I'll bring it to the Moose channels as
> well.

'the Moose object system' -- that's its name and what it is.  If that's not
good enough, well, you already know where to find people to discuss it with.

Ranting at me about how this is really important is a little odd since you left
this to be discovered in a Catalyst press release rather than, say, bringing it
up on #moose or moose at perl.org -- it's not like you've been trying to get us to
decide on a name for months or something, and have now given up.

hdp.