[Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 18:56:07 GMT 2009

--- On Thu, 4/23/09, Octavian Râsnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Octavian Râsnita <orasnita at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage
> To: "The elegant MVC web framework" <catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk>
> Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 1:23 PM
> Hi,
>
> I think that these announcements about Catalyst 5.8 would
> have a bigger effect if those who aren't Moose users already
> would understand a little which are the advantages of this
> new version of this framework.
>
> These announcement is OK, but I think it would be very
> helpful to also put a link to another page with some simple
> examples about how to use Moose in Catalyst for doing things
> that were not possible until this version.
>
> Show how to use attributes that couldn't be used without
> Moose, tell about other benefits offered by Moose in a
> Catalyst app, tell about how the speed of a Catalyst app is
> affected...
>
> Octavian

Okay,

So I tightened up some of the words, reduced the length and adjusted the formatting.  We definitely need more on the Moose side.  However, I don't think I should just cut and paste links.  What I did was create a page for Catalyst-Moose advocacy and linked to the Moose homepage.

This is definitely a great opportunity for the Moose group to get a little 'free' publicity and I hope we can find a way to get the most out of all this work we did.

Please check out the lastest on the wiki.  Thanks!

john