[Catalyst] RFC: Sample press release and announcement homepage

Iain iainhubbard at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:56:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 08:46 -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeking feedback on: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements
>
> And in particular my first swing at something we can use as a press release and send to all the usual suspect (Slashdot, Digg, etc): http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease
>
> I could really use your feedback.  This version has some placeholders for data I am trying to get but the verbiage is a bit too long I think.  Anyway, please take a look, keep in mind this is something aimed for general release.  It's probably still too technical.  Thoughts, suggestions, abuse welcome.
>
> When it's done, I am hope we can get lots of people linking to it as far and wide as possible.  We put a lot of effort into this code and we deserve recognition.
>
> John

If you are aiming for a wide audience you need to assume that they have
never heard of catalyst let alone version 5.8. Therefore they will want
to know what it is and who is using it in the first few lines.

so

"Catalyst is the premier web development framework for Perl"

and

"More and more companies are turning to Catalyst as a core web
application technology. Many of these websites, such as XXX, comfortable
scale to XXX unique page views daily"

would be good hooks to draw people in.

<2p/>

Iain.