[Catalyst] Final RFC for Press Release!

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:43:28 GMT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com>wrot=
e:

> There's a new edit of the Catalyst press release, which was graciously
> donated by a copy edit expert mst found for us.  mst++
>
> Please take a look:
> http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease=
.edit

> Now, there's a lot of changes and it's much shorter.  Basically, the edit=
or
> felt it should be short enough to fit various syndication models, that we
> should pull out all the opinion stuff and to remove links since that will
> just pull traffic away.  I choose to leave in links to the release homepa=
ge,
> since that's at the bottom of the copy and not likely to distract from the
> text, but is valuable as it brings people to a good place to start
> exploring.  On the release homepage I tried to reorganize some of the stu=
ff
> from the earlier PR copy.  I think it will work better this way, but I
> really need people to log into:
>
> http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements
>
> and add their personal advocacy or howto stuff in the, "Blogs and third
> party discussions" section, which is looking thin.
>
> This edit was done by an expert in these matters.  I realize it says less
> than many of us would prefer, given the excitement and sense of
> accomplishment we feel.  However, I really think this should go out ASAP
> (before swine flu news drowns out anything else) and filling in the gaps =
is
> something we should do with our blogging or through more additions to the
> wiki.
>
> Let's get some last comments and then devise a strategy to get it
> distributed as far and wide as possible.  For the moment, let's try to
> consider the page 'locked' keep our comments to the ML or IRC chat.  I wa=
nt
> to set a deadline for comments of 6pm UTC (see
> http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx) if you need help
> figuring that out) and then started sending it around.

The non-edit link:
http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/releaseannouncements/58pressrelease

Also, typo (should be Developers?):
Developer, managers and any Perl enthusiast will love the new features,
continued stability and highly adaptable framework.

I think the ".." in the "It's fast and easy to get started.." should be an
ellipsis or a simple period.

I really like the tenor and short brevity of this revision, though.  I think
some of the segue ways between points can use some enhancement, but it is
very good!

-J