[Catalyst] Final RFC for Press Release!

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Tue Apr 28 14:04:54 GMT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 06:29:06AM -0700, John Napiorkowski wrote:

> This edit was done by an expert in these matters.  I realize it says less than many of us would prefer, given the excitement and sense of accomplishment we feel.  However, I really think this should go out ASAP (before swine flu news drowns out anything else) and filling in the gaps is something we should do with our blogging or through more additions to the wiki.
>
> Let's get some last comments and then devise a strategy to get it distributed as far and wide as possible.  For the moment, let's try to consider the page 'locked' keep our comments to the ML or IRC chat.  I want to set a deadline for comments of 6pm UTC (see http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx) if you need help figuring that out) and then started sending it around.

I made some minor edits just to remove the sentence fragments
and stylistic problems.

On the whole, I'm not really thrilled with this revision. I
appreciate the potential need to be punchy and short, and
perhaps the details of what's new in 5.8 are irrelevant to
getting people to try it out for the first time, but after
reading this I hardly have any idea of what Catalyst is and
why I should use it.

It is also not well written.

I'm blocked from IRC at my present location, unfortunately, as
I'd like to be involved in any discussion of revisions....

Jesse