[Catalyst] website member urls

Charles cshtreck at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 21:46:23 GMT 2009

John,

technically, you're correct in that I should consider placing the usernames=
 under /user. But I'm thinking of the fuzzy (to me) usability issues involv=
ed and the   http://website.com/meme is what hundreds of millions non-devel=
oper users have come to expect.  Also, fwiw,  http://website.com/is the use=
r's profile which is publically viewable while http://website.com/member/ i=
s the users url when they are logged in.

Thanks so much for your input.

Catalyst Rocks.

-Charles

Are you sure you want to layout your URLs that way, though? You'll *never* =
need other top level items that might conflict with user names? If you put =
all the users under /user (or something like that) then they're in their ow=
n namespace and you won't have problems with name conflicts.
- john romkey
http://www.romkey.com/