[Catalyst] Creating Catalyst Models from MSSQL

Amiri Barksdale amiribarksdale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:37:48 GMT 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 03:37:37PM -0400, Meeko wrote:
| I'm having trouble here at work creating models automatically using
| DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader from our MSSQL database.
|
| We use FreeTDS on Red Hat, and the MSSQL Server is Windows 2003 and SQL
| Server 2005.
|
| state=1 line=1 server=MyServer text=Invalid object name 'sysrowsetcolumns'.
|  [for Statement "SELECT * FROM sysrowsetcolumns WHERE ( 1 = 0 )"] at
| /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm line
| 173'

I also seem to remember reading or hearing that DBD::ODBC may be a
better solution for MSSQL, but don't quote me on that.

After some more reading, it looks like maybe if you're using
placeholders, DBD::Sybase won't work right with FreeTDS. Whereas if you use
DBD::ODBC, you forgo only cursors when using FreeTDS.

http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#Are.there.any.known.issues

Amiri