Re: [Catalyst] Creating Catalyst Models from MSSQL

kmx at volny.cz kmx at volny.cz
Tue Aug 4 08:00:26 GMT 2009

Hi,

> state=1 line=1 server=MyServer text=Invalid object name
> 'sysrowsetcolumns'.
> [for Statement "SELECT * FROM sysrowsetcolumns WHERE ( 1 = 0 )"] at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm
> > line 173'
At least on MSSQL 2008 sysrowsetcolumns and some other views are hidden
and cannot be queried like "SELECT * FROM sysrowsetcolumns". The reported
error is probably an issue somewhere in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader
(but they are not claiming to support MSSQL - unfortunately).

> I also seem to remember reading or hearing that DBD::ODBC
> may be a better solution for MSSQL, but don't quote me on that.
DBD::ODBC is a pretty good option that I would recommend if you are on
a Win32 system. I am afraid you will not be able to use DBD::ODBC for
MSSQL connection from a UNIX system.

--
kmx