[Catalyst] FastMmap.pm error while writing sessions file to shared file system

gutta mohan at thebizmo.com
Wed Aug 5 06:27:11 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,
i am using fastcgi to run my catalyst application.
previously i configured info related to session storage as follows.
<session>
  expires        86400
  cookie_expires 0
  storage        /tmp/thebizmo.com.session
</session>

i am using catalyst plugin Session::Store::FastMmap to session management.

When i changed the session storage file from /tmp to a /www/tmp which is a
shared file system and trying to restart the fastcgi it's throughing the
following error.
Mmap of shared file /www/tmp/thebizmo.com.session failed: No such device at
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Cache/FastMmap.pm line 629.
line 629 in usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Cache/FastMmap.pm is "
$Cache->fc_init();"

actually www-data user is having permission to write to /www/tmp dir.

could anyone let me know what the problem here?

Best Regards,
Mohan.