[Catalyst] FastMmap.pm error while writing sessions file to shared file system

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 08:12:24 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 01:27:11 am gutta wrote:
> could anyone let me know what the problem here?

The problem is that what you're trying to do is impossible. You can't mmap a
file on a non-local fs, so Cache::FastMmap won't work. I wouldn't expect any
other file-based cache (or SQLite) to be consistent either. If you need to
distribute your session store across multiple backend machines you want a DB
store or memcached.

Andrew