[Catalyst] XSD Validation of Forms

Chris hutchinson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:36:22 GMT 2009

> My comment was perhaps more oriented to using a common declarative
> validation idiom such as an xml schema because with this particular
> project, I found myself maintaining FormBuilder YAML files and XSDs.
> Then I decided to convert HTML to XML and use the common XSD for both.
> Since most decent XML parsers already perform the validation, and they
> are usually quite fast, I thought that perhaps something similar to
> the FormBuilder plug-in could be built that used an XML approach.

I like the idea of a single 'base format' which can be used to drive
the validation and the form layout too.

Is your scheme a format which, when rendered as html, defines the form
and, when parsed appropriately, provides the form validation too?

As in:
<form>
 <input type="text" id="abc" format="integer" /><br />
 <input type="submit" />
</form>

- Chris