[Catalyst] DBI SQLite driver missing after Catalyst update.

Collin Condray ccondray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 03:42:55 GMT 2009

I have recently updated my Catalyst installation from 5.71001 to version
5.80007 and have made one of my websites completely unusable. I followed the
instructions in the tutorial (
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.8000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/=
Tutorial/04_BasicCRUD.pod)
to update the database to use load_components and have updated my schema
files to match. However, when I go to my site I get the following error
message:

DBIx::Class::ResultSet::next(): DBI Connection failed: Can't connect to data
source 'HASH(0x9e139e0)' because I can't work out what driver to use (it
doesn't seem to contain a 'dbi:driver:' prefix and the DBI_DRIVER env var is
not set) at /home/me/local/share/perl/5.8.4/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line
840

My connection string looks OK and matches the tutorial's example code:

__PACKAGE__->config(
    schema_class =3D> 'wppig::Schema',
    connect_info =3D> [
        'dbi:SQLite:wppig.db3',
    ],
);

Debugging says the piece of code that it's hanging on looks like this:

my $result =3D $c->model('DB::Result::Tag')->search(
    { },
            { join      =3D> { 'items_tag' =3D> 'tag' } }
);

while ( my $tag =3D $result->next ) { # Hangs here
    $tag_count{ $tag->tag }++;
}

So it looks like the class is loading but I can't do anything with the
ResultSet.

Any idea of why this is failing? Did I miss a step somewhere in the
conversion? I'd be happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Collin Condray
@ccondray
condray.net